On behalf of the families we support at The Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House, I would like to thank you for your support with meals for the holidays. Your support helps us to continue in our mission to create a community of comfort and hope for families of seriously ill children.” – Anthony Stover, Special Events Manager
A nourishing meal, shared with family and friends, is a holiday tradition that makes the season special. However, for many struggling families, unsure of how they will be able to afford all the fixings, it can be a difficult and stressful time.
Each year to ensure that vulnerable families can participate in these special days of joy, Philadelphia Eagles Pro Bowl Safety and 2-time Super Bowl Champion Malcolm Jenkins, along with The Malcolm Jenkins Foundation host the Holiday Dinner Basket Surprise, providing festive food baskets, filled with a turkey and all the nutritional staples and treats to prepare a holiday feast, for hundred of families in need. In addition to the food baskets, families with children 15 years and under, all receive toys for the holiday.*
This year we are excited to expand the program to serve the community of Camden, NJ, in addition to New Orleans, LA and Philadelphia, PA. At Wynnefeld (PAL) Police Athletic League in Philadelphia, PA; Antioch Baptist Church in Camden, NJ; and CollegeTrack New Orleans, in New Orleans, LA; hundreds of volunteers will gather help fill and deliver holiday food baskets and gift bags for 420 families in need.
The signature event, underscores the spirit of giving during the holidays, and the importance of giving back and strengthening communities. In its 8th year, with the generous support of local businesses, community police departments, and faith-based organizations, the Holiday Dinner Basket Surprise program has served more than 1320 families across New Orleans and Greater Philadelphia communities.
Here’s how it works:
- In keeping with the jersey number (27) that Malcolm wears on the playing field, The Malcolm Jenkins Foundation invites 27 organizations in each of the three cities to participate as a community partner in the Holiday Dinner Basket Surprise.
- Each community partner selects and registers five (5) families from the communities in which they serve, that are in need of a holiday blessing.
- Holiday Dinner Baskets and Holiday Gift Bags are assembled by our volunteers for each of the registered families.
- Each community partnering organization will be given a scheduled time, date and location to pick up the food baskets and gifts to be delivered to their respective families.
- As a special surprise, five (5) Philadelphia families will be selected to receive a personal delivery by Malcolm Jenkins, Philadelphia Police Community Relations Officers and Philadelphia Eagles teammates.